Join Our Team - Apply
Full-Time (45 hours/week)
Hours: 6AM-1PM and 3PM-5PM (two-hour break in between), occasional evenings and weekends (once or twice a month)
Vacation: 10 days/year
Pay range: $28,000/year and up
Benefits: Individual Medical Coverage (State Health Benefits Plan); Individual Dental Coverage (Horizon)
State Pension (Public Employees’ Retirement System)
- High School Diploma
- Local resident preferred: Trenton, Ewing, or Hamilton, NJ but not required
- Must speak and write English; Spanish is a plus
- Experience cleaning and maintaining floors, bathrooms, and making minor repairs
- Driver’s License
- Must pass State of NJ criminal history check
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good references from previous employers
- Maintain and clean building and grounds as specified in the School Maintenance Manual.
- Make minor repairs.
- Run errands as needed.
- Move packages and furniture when this can be done safely.
- Set up the multi-purpose room for lunch and events.
- Alert the administration of safety and security concerns.
- Alert the administration of any damage or vandalism to the building.
- Ensure that walkways and stairways are free of ice and snow (the school has a snow removal contract with an outside vendor).
- Interact in a professional way with all staff, students, and parents.
- Serve as a positive role model for students.
- Work occasional overtime or evening hours.
- Organize and order maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Maintain a list of cleaning products and all documentation.
Building CustodianApply for this job
Notice to Applicants: Please gather all materials before applying. Forms can not be saved and returned to, therefore, you will have to complete this form all at once. Once this form is completed you will not be able to change your application. Thank you for applying!