Join Our Team - Apply
(2020-2021) Mathematics Part-time (6th & 7th) Coach
Achievers Early College Prep Charter School (Achievers) is New Jersey’s first public charter school designed to get students a STEM-focused associate's degree (or up to 60 college credits) by the time they finish high school. Achievers launched in the summer of 2018 with its first class of sixth graders, setting them with the unique and challenging opportunity to take a two-year course of study in STEM fields following the 10th grade. Achievers wants to redefine the middle school and high school experience, enabling students to graduate with skills, experiences, and content mastery that’s significant to them in the marketplace and the world beyond. Achieversecp is focused on developing a new-generation STEM program that equips students with the confidence, exposure, and depth of technical expertise to pursue and be successful in post-secondary STEM. To realize this vision, we are looking for a results-driven Mathematics Curriculum Developer & Coach to join our community.ACHIEVERS FIT:
- Demonstrates a passion for and commitment to Achievers Early College Prep's mission
- Thrives in a startup environment (comfort with change and ambiguity, takes initiative)
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Experience in school(s) which rely heavily on intervention, literacy, and learning as a means to dramatically increase student achievement develop content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- Strong skill in analyzing student work and student data, coupled with a deep commitment to data-driven decision making
- Unwavering commitment to feedback, improvement, and notion of "I'M ALL IN"
- Belief in and 100% alignment with Achievers core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable!
Middle School Mathematic Coaches hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of Achiever’s curriculum and the success of its students for Mathematics. Therefore, Achievers Early College Prep seeks middle school is seeking a Middle School Math Coach who is committed to continuously improve curriculum and instruction through collaboration as part of a grade level team.
Our Mathematics Coach will have and be able to do the following:
- Serve as a coach, mentor, and conduct on-going classroom observations of mathematics instruction
- Facilitate implementation of appropriate curriculum by providing on-going support for secondary school teachers as they identify and implement authentic learning activities and materials, and participate in student screening and progress monitoring
- Support and assist classroom teachers in assessing the specific mathematics needs of students, develop appropriate, differentiated instruction, and refer students to the secondary school remediation process if necessary
- Coordinate and assist with mathematics assessment, student progress monitoring, and training teachers in student data analysis
- Provide professional development focused on improving alignment and delivery of the written, taught and tested curriculum to increase student success and close performance gaps.
- Provide job-embedded professional development for teachers through modeling engaging, standards-based teaching as needed.
- Collaborate with teachers to identify the needs of students, to set goals and to problem solve
- Develop strategies for literacy and math content areas
- Develop and provide resources to teachers and provide training on the use of those resources.
- Encourage and support the implementation of technology and innovative strategies in the classroom
- Participate in the selection and/or adoption of textbooks and other instructional materials at the school and/or county level
- Perform other duties as directed by the Principal or Director of Secondary Education
- Minimum five years experience as a literacy or math specialist at the district level
- Must be able to work a weekly commitment of 8-15 hours
- Must be able to work (within a flexible schedule) of the hours from 8am-3:45pm
- Will be coaching, using best practices: TLAC and
- Experience in providing ongoing professional development
- Ability to integrate literacy or math instruction into core content areas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong command of technology and data collection and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of four years teaching experience in an upper elementary or middle school with an underserved population
- Quantifiable track record of outstanding academic results
- Valid State Certification in NJ, is helpful but not required
- Compensation is competitive and is based on experience
(2020-2021) Mathematics Part-time (6th & 7th) CoachApply for this job
Notice to Applicants: Please gather all materials before applying. Forms can not be saved and returned to, therefore, you will have to complete this form all at once. Once this form is completed you will not be able to change your application. Thank you for applying!