Join Our Team - Apply
(2019-2020) Special Education Paraprofessional/Classroom Teaching Assistant
Achievers Early College Prep Charter School (Achievers) is New Jersey’s first public charter school designed to get students a STEM-focused associate's degree (or up to 60 college credits) by the time they finish high school. Achievers will launch in the summer of 2018 with its first class of sixth graders, setting them with the unique and challenging opportunity to take a two-year course of study in STEM fields following the 10th grade. Achievers wants to redefine the middle school and high school experience, enabling students to graduate with skills, experiences, and content mastery that’s significant to them in the marketplace and the world beyond.ACHIEVERS FIT:
- Demonstrates a passion for and commitment to Achievers Early College Prep's mission
- Thrives in a startup environment (comfort with change and ambiguity, takes initiative)
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Experience in school(s) which rely heavily on intervention, literacy, and learning as a means to dramatically increase student achievement develop content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- Exhibits a laser-focus on rigorous instruction by emphasizing student engagement with complex texts, critical thinking, and comprehensive literary analysis
- Strong skill in analyzing student work and student data, coupled with a deep commitment to data-driven decision making
- Unwavering commitment to feedback, improvement, and notion of “I’M ALL IN”
- Alignment with Achievers' core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable!
- Provides one-on-one or small-group tutoring for students
- Assists with classroom management
- Provides instructional assistance in a computer lab
- Conducts parental involvement activities
- Provides instructional support in the small group pull-out room and in the general-ed classroom
- Acts as a translator (if needed/applicable)
- Providing instructional support to a student under the direct supervision of a teacher
- Completion of two years of study at an institution of higher learning
- An associate’s (or higher) degree
- Meeting a rigorous standard of quality that demonstrates, through a formal assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in reading, writing, and mathematics instruction or reading, writing, and mathematics readiness
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues, and community members
- Understanding of the nuances of urban school environments and school culture
- One to two years of work experience in an urban district or charter school setting preferred, but not required
- Belief in and alignment with AchieversECP core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
(2019-2020) Special Education Paraprofessional/Classroom Teaching AssistantApply for this job
Notice to Applicants: Please gather all materials before applying. Forms can not be saved and returned to, therefore, you will have to complete this form all at once. Once this form is completed you will not be able to change your application. Thank you for applying!