Join Our Team - Apply
(2018-2019) Founding STEAM & VISUAL ARTS Teacher
Achievers Early College Prep Charter School (Achievers) is New Jersey’s first public charter school designed to get students a STEM-focused associate's degree (or up to 60 college credits) by the time they finish high school. Achievers will launch in the summer of 2018 with its first class of sixth graders, setting them with the unique and challenging opportunity to take a two-year course of study in STEM fields following the 10th grade. Achievers wants to redefine the middle school and high school experience, enabling students to graduate with skills, experiences, and content mastery that’s significant to them in the marketplace and the world beyond.ACHIEVERS FIT:
- Demonstrates a passion for and commitment to Achievers Early College Prep's mission
- Thrives in a startup environment (comfort with change and ambiguity, takes initiative)
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Experience in school(s) which rely heavily on intervention, literacy, and learning as a means to dramatically increase student achievement develop content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- Exhibits a laser-focus on rigorous instruction by emphasizing student engagement with complex texts, critical thinking, and comprehensive literary analysis
- Strong skill in analyzing student work and student data, coupled with a deep commitment to data-driven decision making
- Unwavering commitment to feedback, improvement, and notion of “I’M ALL IN”
- Alignment with Achievers' core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable!
- Develop and teach rigorous unit and lesson plans to students in grades 6-8th grades that align with standards and cross all subject areas.
- Engage students in active participation through visual works of art.
- Maintain effective classroom management skills and an enjoyable learning atmosphere; demonstrating safety and proper use of all art materials.
- Coordinate end of the year Student Art Show and Reception
- Coordinate visual arts educational field experiences to the Detroit Institute of Arts
- Integrate technology assessment tools before and after discussion-based teaching for in-depth understanding of objectives, essential questions and hands-on projects.
- Effective classroom management strategies, implemented curriculum unit plans for grade 6.
- Ability to cross core curriculum to integrate within the art curriculum: Math, Reading and Science
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
(2018-2019) Founding STEAM & VISUAL ARTS TeacherApply for this job
Notice to Applicants: Please gather all materials before applying. Forms can not be saved and returned to, therefore, you will have to complete this form all at once. Once this form is completed you will not be able to change your application. Thank you for applying!