Join Our Team - Apply
(2018-2019) Founding 6th Grade Physical Education Teacher
Achievers Early College Prep Charter School (Achievers) is New Jersey’s first public charter school designed to get students a STEM-focused associate's degree (or up to 60 college credits) by the time they finish high school. Achievers will launch in the summer of 2018 with its first class of sixth graders, setting them with the unique and challenging opportunity to take a two-year course of study in STEM fields following the 10th grade. Achievers wants to redefine the middle school and high school experience, enabling students to graduate with skills, experiences, and content mastery that’s significant to them in the marketplace and the world beyond.ACHIEVERS FIT:
- Demonstrates a passion for and commitment to Achievers Early College Prep's mission
- Thrives in a startup environment (comfort with change and ambiguity, takes initiative)
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Experience in school(s) which rely heavily on intervention, literacy, and learning as a means to dramatically increase student achievement develop content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- Exhibits a laser-focus on rigorous instruction by emphasizing student engagement with complex texts, critical thinking, and comprehensive literary analysis
- Strong skill in analyzing student work and student data, coupled with a deep commitment to data-driven decision making
- Unwavering commitment to feedback, improvement, and notion of “I’M ALL IN”
- Alignment with Achievers' core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable!
- Extensively plan and implement PE curriculum for the academic year
- Perform daily teaching tasks such as conducting morning meetings, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job
- Be a good teammate – work closely with other teachers and team members to create a cohesive school culture of success and family
- Update student performance trackers and rely on data to make decision
- Facilitate guided reading, reading level assessments and other campus-wide initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of three years of special education teaching experience in an upper elementary or middle school with an underserved population
- Quantifiable track record of outstanding academic results
- Valid State Certification completed or in progress
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
(2018-2019) Founding 6th Grade Physical Education TeacherApply for this job
Notice to Applicants: Please gather all materials before applying. Forms can not be saved and returned to, therefore, you will have to complete this form all at once. Once this form is completed you will not be able to change your application. Thank you for applying!